Homework Question on The Movie Boys in the Hood, 1991
- Develop a thesis pertaining to the assigned film text and whether or not it, the film, in your view has the power to transform one’s political sensibilities. Your argument should express your point of view regarding the politics of difference, political sensibilities, and political transformation(s) as related to the film. Remember, you’re writing (developing) an analytical essay.
- Develop three (3) topic sentences that articulate the major ideas that will comprise the body of your essay. Remember that your topic sentences should clearly state the argument or point to be made in the respective paragraphs.
- Identify three (3) scenes from the film that support your thesis statement. Briefly explain.
Homework Answer on The Movie Boys in the Hood, 1991
Singleton, John. Boys n the Hood. USA. 1991. Retrieved on 2015, February from
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101507/ >
The thesis of the movie is ‘Political sensibility greatly influences the quality of life in the society.’ In the absence of political awareness and self-determination, people fight and kill to protect themselves and interests. Political sensibility reinstates a government that can secure and protect its people by offering a quality future. It is disheartening to realize that no government is adequately stable to secure the citizens in the era of encumbrance.
Topic sentences articulating the ideas to be discussed in the essay are:
- Political sensibility determines the continuation of a society
- Awareness is an influential tool in raising political sensibility within the society
- One’s choice determines the quality of life in the future regardless of the position in the society