Homework Question on On NYC Government vs. Union Workers
- Write from a neutral perspective in this arrangement.
- Do you feel that the deal signed between the UFT and NYC was a fair deal? why or why not?
- What negotiation deal would you broker between NYC and other 150 unions that would benefit both parties? Defend and give a strong rationale for your answer considering info in the article.
Homework Answer on On NYC Government vs. Union Workers
- Do you feel that the deal signed between the UFT and NYC was a fair deal? Why or why not?
United Federation of Teachers (UFT) and New York City’s (NYC) workforce signed a deal worth 5.5 Billion US Dollars. The deal asserts UFT ought to receive retroactive payments and a ten percent salary increment until 2018. The deal also promises to provide more healthcare services to the workers. This is because the NYC workers are advised to provide healthcare savings. Thus, the deal signed between UFT and NYC was fair due to the following reasons.
Foremost, the deal aims to improve the worker’s economic conditions through the annual payment increments. Secondly, the deal strives to ensure all workers afford and access quality health care services crucial for personal and public economic development between UFT and NYC.
- What negotiation deal would you broker between NYC and other 150 unions that would benefit both parties? Defend and give a strong rationale
Brokering a deal between NYC and other one hundred and fifty unions ought to comprise of terms and conditions agreed between both parties. The unions require a deal promising and committed towards increasing their earnings to improve economic conditions. Conversely, NYC requires agreeing on a deal it is capable of meeting the terms and conditions in relation to financial commitments. Thus, I would broker a deal between NYC and the unions based on the following terms and conditions. Foremost, NYC should provide the unions with new contracts asserting the workers ought to receive a financial increment.