The purpose of this assignment is to provide you with an opportunity to practice data analysis. This assignment will promote further exploration and application of the content presented in the case study.
For this assignment you will use the “Self-Efficacy Dataset” provided in the “Course Documents” module. Note: This dataset is hypothetical for purposes of this assignment only. This Excel spreadsheet reflects the data collected by the DNP prepared clinicians in the case study pre and post project implementation. For this assignment you will play the role of one of the DNP prepared clinicians completing the evidence-based practice change project. You will use this dataset to run descriptive statistics, compute a difference in means, determine percentages, and calculate percent change. You will use the results to answer the 10 questions listed below. To successfully complete this assignment you will need to refer to phase two and three of the case study, and the content and discussions presented in weeks 4 – 7.
- Download the Self-Efficacy Dataset and save to your computer.
- Install the Excel Analysis ToolPak if you have a Microsoft computer or the StatPlus Analysis ToolPak if you have a MAC computer (see course resources for directions).
- Run descriptive statistics (DS) as requested below using the ToolPak you downloaded. Save the output to a new worksheet in the Excel spreadsheet and re-label the tab as “DS of Data”.
- Compute a difference in means as requested below.
- Determine percentages as requested below.
- Calculate percent change as requested below.
- Click on the tab “Answers to Questions”. Provide your responses to each of the questions below on this worksheet. Include with your answers the formula you used for the questions that require the calculation of difference in means, percentages, and percent change.
- Save your Excel file using the following format “Last Name_Assignment2_NUR 707”.
- What was the total number of participants?
- How many participants were male? How many participants were female? What was the percentage of male versus female participants?
- What was the overall group mean, minimum, and maximum values for age? What was the mean age for males? What was the mean age for females?
- Which ethnic group did the greatest proportion of participants comprise? Of this ethnic group, what percentage of individuals used the Internet to retrieve health information?
- What was the overall group mean, minimum, and maximum values for the total scale score pre project implementation?
- What was the overall group mean, minimum, and maximum values for the total scale score post project implementation?
- What was the difference in means for the overall group mean total scale scores pre and post project implementation? What was the percent change in means for the overall group mean total scale scores pre and post project implementation? What do you conclude from these findings regarding the identified benchmark for this project?
- Regarding questions four, five, and six on the Self-Efficacy for Managing Chronic Disease survey; which specific question had the greatest percent change in means between pre and post scale scores? Which specific question had the least percent change in means between pre and post scale scores? What do you conclude from the findings?
- What are two implications (one referring to patient outcomes; one referring to financial aspects) based on the findings of this project?
- What additional data do you suggest collecting, analyzing, and evaluating for a future project related to the clinical problem of self-efficacy for hypertension? List 4 data points. Briefly provide a rationale for each of the data points you pose.