Homework Question on Technology and Health Care
- As a member of ABC consultants, you have been hired by a large organization to develop an innovated approach using current technology in health care delivery. this can be a product, a service, or an application choose an organization in a sector including, but not limited to, pharmaceutical, insurance, manufacturing, software development, or facility design.
- Review its website and any recent articles about the organizations. write a 1050 to 1750 word paper and include the following:
- Describe your product, or application (m-health, e-therapy, virtual physician visits, and so forth).
- Discuss the impact of your product, service, application on quality of care, quality of life, cost of care, and access.
- Discuss the social, ethical, and economic impact of your product, service, or application to the organization.
- Format APA guidelines
Homework Answer on Technology and Health Care
In recent years, technological advances have significantly transformed the delivery of health care. With the wide range of technological innovations, organizations behind the developments and creations designed for the health care sector have been working closely together to ensure well coordinated and improved delivery of quality health care in the most cost-effective manner. Telecommunication companies have emerged as one of the most important players in the delivery of health care services in this age of technology.
As a member of the ABC Consultants, I have been hired by the AT&T, which is an American multinational telecommunications corporation, to develop web-based mobile applications to be used for remote patient monitoring (RPM) as a means of improving the delivery of health care services.The mHealth application that I have developed for AT&T, when installed in Smartphones and other smart devices, can be helpful in tracking and managing health care outcomes.
This web-based mobile application uses connected devices to gather biometric data from patients or at-risk persons located outside the clinical setting, and consequently share such valuable data with a particular designated clinician or caregiver (AT&T, 2013). This AT&T application program for RPM will accurately collect the patient’s biometric data, including vital signs, which is recorded in devices that measure the patient’s condition.