Homework Question on Substance Abuse and Disaster Management
- What programs do you have in your community (New york, Queens) for substance abuse and provide evidence that program is affective.
- Explain professional nurses responsibilities relative to reporting abuse, neglect, or violence in NewYork
- Discuss your NewYork, Queens disaster plan. What is nurses and responsibility as a nurse in relation to a disaster in your community? I need separate online source for each question. at lease one resource for each question.
Homework Answer on Substance Abuse and Disaster Management
1) What programs do you have in your community (New York, Queens) for substance abuse and provide evidence that program is affective.
New York, Queens has several organizations and institutions that deal with substance abuse. These organizations have been in operations for several years and this depicts their effectiveness. Some of these organizations includes the narcofreedom which is involved in compassionate treatment and changing the lives of addicts. The organization offers a variety of programs that includes alcohol abuse and alcoholism, drugs and substance abuse, AIDS and HIV, STD diseases among other services (narcofreedom, 2014).
In relation to alcohol and substance treatment, the facility offers early intervention, in-patient counseling, outpatient treatment, family counseling as well as a 12 steps support groups among others programs. Another organization dealing with substance abuse is the network of care that offers mental and behavioral program at A.C.I. (A.R.E.B.A. Casriel Institute). This clinic offers a comprehensive outpatient substance abuse clinic for adults over 18 years and provides various services including outpatient detoxification, intensive outpatient, outpatient treatment, individual and groups therapy and relapse prevention (Network of care, (2014). It also has women program for those who have a history of substance abuse and/or have been involved in criminal justice.
2) Explain professional nurse’s responsibilities relative to reporting abuse, neglect, or violence in New York
Professional nurses have a big role to play in relation to reporting abuse, neglect or violence in New York. To safeguard the various populations from abuse, neglect or violence, the nurses are mandated to promote, advocate as well as strive to protect the health, safety and the rights of the patients (ANA, 2004). In case the nurse detect abuse, the/she is supposed to report the abuse cases to the relevant authorities so that the rights of the abused can be enhanced.