Homework Question on Graduate Level Leadership in Nursing
- Report the findings from the quiz – What kind of leader were you?
- RESULT – Participative Leadership: How does this fit into your beliefs about your leadership style? I AGREE WITH THE RESULTS .
- Discuss the attributes of leadership that may be needed for graduate level nurses.
- Discuss the personal leadership attributes you feel you have that will help you in your graduate nursing role. ABILITY TO DELEGATE , COMMUNICATION, HONESTY, COMMITMENT, POSITIVE ATTITUDE , CREATIVITY , ABILITY TO INSPIRE, ENERGY .
- Also discuss those attributes that you feel you may need to develop in your graduate nursing role.
- Finish with a quote from a library article related to leadership in nursing or in an advanced role in nursing.
- Look in some of the known leadership journals like: The Journal of Nursing Scholarship or Nursing Leadership Forum [found in the ProQuest search engine] or the American Journal of Nursing,
- Journal of Nursing Administration, Nursing Administration Quarterly, Nursing Management or Health Care Management Review [found in the OVID search engine] or any article pertaining to leadership that you feel is appropriate to your paper.
Homework Answer on Graduate Level Leadership in Nursing
This paper addresses leadership attributes for graduate level nurses from a personal viewpoint. It illustrates what I as a leader have been able to do while serving at the leadership capacity. In this regard, the paper highlights some of the leadership attributes that are instrumental for a graduate level nurse serving at a leadership position. Some of these attributes include the capacity to inspire other people to become leaders and accomplish their duties, dynamism, and capacity to manage people.
Other attributes include emotional intelligence, ability to mentor other people, capacity to solve problems and being passionate as one leads other people. Together with these attributes, the paper evaluates some of the leadership attributes that I already have and others that I need to develop with time. The attributes that I already have include ability to inspire other people, ability to delegate duties effectively, and positive attitude in everything I do.
On the other hand, the paper highlights emotional intelligence and management skills as some of the leadership attributes that I need to develop in order to enhance my leadership skills. The last part of the part ends with some leadership quotes that are instrumental in promoting leadership among the graduate level nurses.