Homework Question on Family Nurse’s Role
- Please answer the following questions:
- Describe the family nurse’s role in the care of the childbearing family.
- Differentiate between family nursing and maternal child nursing
- Identify how both the family and culture influence the health of the pregnant women and the family.
- Clarify the difference between the meaning of health and family health. There is no need to write an essay format paper. Just start with answering questions.
Homework Answer on Family Nurse’s Role
Describe the family nurse’s role in the care of the childbearing family
The family nurse is tasked with the role of providing psychological, emotional, spiritual care to the family due to the changes that arise during pregnancy, delivery, breastfeeding and childrearing. The family nurse also works with the pregnant woman and her family to be able to raise awareness of the important issues that the family will experience during child bearing. For example, they assist the woman and her partner to develop the skills that will enable them to make decisions on their own.
The nurse is also responsible in ensuring that there is open communication between the pregnant woman and the members of her family. Through this, people will open up about any issue that affects the expectant woman. The nurse utilizes group procedures, coordination and leadership to help the family appreciate and comprehend their parenting experience. More to this, the nurse fosters self-care among the childbearing population.
Differentiate between family nursing and maternal child nursing
Family nursing involves the provision of care, which consist the process of nursing of the members of the family in health and illness situations. On the other hand, maternal child nursing involves caring expectant women from the early stage of pregnancy, during the birth of the child to the care of the newborn child.