Homework Question on Apple Inc. Organizational Development
- Write a Paper to plan an intervention for a Fortune company or your own organization to improve performance and organizational effectiveness, integrating theory and research along with your experiences.
- The paper must reflect the paper requirements
- Identifying organizational development (OD) challenges,
- Identifying organizational development concepts and theories of relevance,
- Providing recommendations and solutions for the organizational development challenges
- All need to be supported with the textbook and scholarly journal articles) of an actual organization of your choice (including your own employer) and a problem that your selected organization (personal organization or Fortune 500 organization) is experiencing.
- Diagnose the problem using OD theories, concepts, or models from the textbook and other sources including scholarly sources, and recommend a solution(s) (that applies to that model).
- The paper will need to be formatted using APA guidelines including a title page and a reference page.
- There must be a minimum of 8 FULL pages of text
Homework Answer on Apple Inc. Organizational Development
Organizational development (OD) refers to a process of enhancing personal and organizational change, and increasing the organization’s effectiveness by using interventions that are driven by behavioral and social science knowledge(Brown and Harvey 2011).The main aim of organizational development in any given organization is to bring change that will drive the organization towards attaining effectiveness in its operations.
Organizations need to change in order to become more productive, satisfying to members, as well as attain effectiveness. In other words, change is a significant aspect as far as an organization’s life is concerned. For instance, the increment in customers’ demand, the presence of advanced technologies, and the demand for better results by investors in Apple Inc. requires organizational change. Therefore, Apple Inc. need to come up with new strategies, technologies, organizational structures, economic structures, and processes that will drive it towards achieving effectiveness(Schein 2006).
Besides, change is needed within those individuals who facilitate the operational activities of the company. There is a need for Apple Inc.’s employees to learn and adapt new skills due to the changing nature of their jobs that constantly integrates new technology. They are required to flexibly and quickly adapt to the changing working environment. Organizational development is a continuous process that is not expected to halt at any point in an organization’s life cycle.