Homework Question on Importance of Development, Communication and Learning in Teams
- The student will be able to demonstrate their understanding of team development.
- The student will be able to show their understanding of the importance of effective teams.
- The student will be able to show their understanding of the five stages of team development.
- The student will be able to show their understanding of communication styles and types of communication within teams.
- The student will be able to demonstrate their writing skills.
- The student will be able to demonstrate their research skills.
- Instructional Media: Tools and Resources Students will be provided with online articles, reports, and different resources that will assist them in understanding the dynamics of teams and stages of team development.
- If you cut and paste a sentence you must use quotation marks and write the author, year, and page number in brackets in the text after the quotation.
The report must:
- have a cover page
- use Times New Romans or Arial, font size: 12
- have a space of 1.5 between lines,
- be 3 full pages in length (not including the reference list)
- be written in the third person (do not use “I” or “my” or “our” or “we”)
- have a reference for each section (excluding the Conclusion)
- use topic sentences at the start of each paragraph
- use full sentences (and no bullet points)
- References Include at least 3 different references. The references can be from e-brary, books, newspapers, or the internet (but not lecture slides). You must cite the author and year in the body of the essay. Also, for each reference you must list the author, year, article or book title, and publisher under References at the end of the essay.
Homework Answer on Importance of Development, Communication and Learning in Teams
Teams play vital roles of creativity and production whose main aim is to produce optimum and desired results. This assignment is important in the sense that it builds necessary knowledge for future application in the work place environment. This is because it is important for effective teams to properly coordinate their activities and show exemplary leadership qualities such as motivation and co-operation in order to achieve the desired outcomes (Root, 2011).
Importance of team development
Team work and development is essential in any organizational setting since it creates a systematic procedure of completing tasks in order to achieve common goals. As such, team development serves various functions. Firstly, work efficiency is achievable through team development. Tasks are able to be efficiently done by teams rather than by a single person (Puck & Pregernig, 2014). Cooperation in teams ensures a significant reduction in employee workload.
For example, cooperative employees in a sales department would ensure that target sales are met in line with company goals. Secondly, team building enhances employee related relationships. With combined efforts, workers are able to develop relations through the process of bonding (Sahu, 2015). This is possible since each individual has an opportunity of task contribution. Thirdly, employee motivation and creativity are also possible through team building.