Homework Question on Cloud Sourcing Event
- Choose a case study or story of a cloud sourcing event or project. Find an article online or through the UMUC Library.
- Then do a brief analysis of the project or services being sourced in the cloud. Focus on the type of cloud service SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, data storage, enterprise planning, etc. Address the following questions.
- What was the primary rationale for selecting cloud services?
- What benefits and what drawbacks are associated with this cloud sourcing event?
- What alternatives or options were available to the sourcing organization other than the cloud? Your response should be 3-5 pages excluding title page and bibliography. Be sure to cite and list the source references used in correct APA format.
Homework Answer on Cloud Sourcing Event
Cloud sourcing refers to an arrangement whereby a firm pays a cloud provider to execute services that are needed in house. The cost of cloud services relates to per -use utility model but not monthly or annual contract. Focusing on types of cloud services, this paper evaluates on Software-as-a-Service SaaS. It is the final layer of cloud services model. This service permits a business to run programs in cloud whereby the cloud vendor manages all the portions.
This cloud service operation grants users assured compatibility and smooth collaboration that facilitates use of the same software. In this regard, a company that offers the software does not require paying extra fees to license and easily adds new users. This implies that as consumers, we get the chance to interact with Software-as-a-Service related applications each day without realizing (Kimberly, 2012). For instance, these types of cloud services are online banking and email such as Gmail and Hotmail.
Software-as-a-Service is a cloud project that suits the needs of clients who requires maintaining their hardware. It makes it easier to streamline software programs for customers to enhance ease in use and compatibility. This type of cloud service suits larger companies because it incorporates a team of many individuals with plenty of demands. Additionally, SaaS enables a team in a company to access software from a variety of devices to ease collaboration.