Homework Question on Homeless Veterans
- Veteran Affairs mission -benefits -eligibility -categories
- How many homeless veterans reside in Savannah, ga?
- Who is considered a disabled veteran?
- Why are there so many homeless veterans?
- Different organizations that help disabled homeless veteran (briefly explain them)
- Needs for homeless veterans
- Different disabilities homeless veterans may have
Homework Answer on Homeless Veterans
The Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) was founded on 21st July 1930 with the goal of serving veterans in the United States. As the main advocate, VA advances the welfare, dignity and the health of all U.S. veterans as a way of recognizing the services they offered to America and its people (U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, 2014).
Veteran Affairs Mission
VA`s mission is derived from a promise made by President Lincoln to serve and honor patriotic American men and women who are veterans. The vision of the organization is to deliver first class services and benefits to veterans (U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, 2014).
There are numerous benefits that Veteran Affairs offers to its members and their dependents as discussed below:
Compensation for the Disabled
This is a tax free payment given to veterans who have suffered disabilities caused by diseases or injuries suffered during their active service in the military. Compensation can also be paid for disabilities suffered post-serve if they are linked to conditions of military service even if they occur after the service.