Homework Question on American History Since 1877
- What was President Roosevelt’s response to the collapse of the American economy when he took office? Why did he and his advisors chose the approach that they did and was it successful in returning prosperity to the economy?
- The Cold War has been taking place since the end of World War II. However, something changed during the administration of President Ronald Reagan.What did he do in his engagement of the Soviet Union that helped to bring an end to the Cold War? Why did he choose these policies and how did they impact America’s role in the world?
- Explain how the rise of Islamic Fundamentalism, since 1979, has changed the how the United States engages with its allies and other nations. Discuss three major terrorist attacks on the United States. Discuss how the United States government has responded to these situations.
- Research papers must meet the following stylistic guidelines:
- The paper must be typed, double-spaced, in 12 point font with one inch margins, page numbers
- All citations must use the MLA Format; all essays must include citations in the body of the paper
- The paper must include a cover sheet with the title and standard MLA information
- A citation (MLA format) page must be included at the end of the paper
- The paper must be between 4 and 5 pages, not including the cover page and citation page
- Citations of at least two primary sources and three secondary sources must be included
- All sources must be academic in nature, web-based sources, such as www.history.com, etc., are not acceptable sources; the textbook may not be used as a source; if a source is in doubt, ask the instructor
- Sources should be searched for at a library or through the use of an academic search engine (i.e. EBSCOhost, Google Scholar, Lexus-Nexus) 9. Failure to follow the above guidelines will result in a grade of zero
Homework Answer on American History Since 1877
The US has a great history since it became an independent country in the eighteen century. The nineteenth century was the time that the US citizens came into terms Reconstruction and civilization, which resulted from rapid industrialization, development of modern national institutions, as well as social and economic structures. The political environment was insufficient to deal with industrial capitalism; hence, the transition to modern politics brought unique problems to the country.
Some of the issues that the US has dealt with include the Great Depression, WWI, WWII, Cold War, and the rise in Islamic fundamentalism. This study focuses on how the US has responded to numerous social, economic, as well as political incidences that threatened its unity since the Great Depression.
President Roosevelt’s Response to the Collapse of the American Economy
The Great Depression of the 1930s created economic crisis in the US. The stock market that was rising rapidly collapsed while banks and corporations went into bankruptcy. As soon as President Franklin D. Roosevelt clinched to power in 1933, he introduced a number of measures that could see the US economy rising out of depression. He acted swiftly to ensure that the country’s economy was stabilized through job creation. The approach by the New Deal was appropriate for the US economy’s recovery because it acted as the Second Bill of Rights, which democratized institutional arrangements in both labor and finance (Niemi and Plante 413).