Homework Question on Policemen of the World
- You have already developed a thesis statement and developed an outline in which you explored two (2) real-life international incidents from the past five (5) years involving the United States involving the United States as a world power. Now you will develop the final paper in which you explore your main points in detail.
- Introduce the paper with the previously crafted thesis statement.
- Identify two to three (2-3) international events from the past five years that can be traced back to a foreign policy created after the Civil War.
- Discuss three (3) aspects of US history since 1865 that have led to the USA’s rise as a world super power policeman.
- Identify three to five (3-5) international incidents since World War II where America has taken on a policing role.
- Determine three to five (3-5) driving forces that fueled international policy decisions involving the international incidents that were outlined previously. (Consider treaties, exit strategies, elections, wars, etc.)
Homework Answer on Policemen of the World
The United States of America has been in the forefront in overseeing most of the foreign affairs policies with an aim of providing global leadership. The US for a long time has been regarded as the policemen of the world due to its involvement in finding solutions to various international matters. The country’s through its foreign policies that dates back from the time of containment doctrine during the cold war where the US launched an international drive to stop the influence of the USSR communism in the world (Deflem, 2015).
Various administrations have come up with unique foreign policies that are all geared toward making the US the overall custodian of the World. President Bush’s “new world order” proclamation to Clintons “assertive multilateralism” has placed the United States at the centre stage of the worlds’ political, social and economic dominance.There has been debates over the role of the US A in international matters like poverty, wars, eradication of diseases, international peace and development of the third world countries.
Indeed, the world needs a policeman so as to help reorganize and bring order in the globe. This is evident by the outlaw that dominates various parts of the world where innocent people lose lives with no one to hold the perpetrators accountable for their actions (Efthymiou, 2013).