Homework Question on The Movie Outbreak
- It is preferable for you to watch the 1995 movie Outbreak, starring Dustin Hoffman, in order to complete this assignment.
- However, if you cannot locate that specific movie, as a rental or from a public library, you may substitute one from the list below.
- If you wish to choose a movie not listed here, you must obtain pre approval from your instructor.
Make note of the following issues as you watch the movie:
- Public health issues
- Spread of the disease
- Decisions made by the medical team
- Government efforts to contain the disease
- Write two to four paragraphs to describe what was done correctly and incorrectly in attempting to control the infectious disease.
List of alternate movies:
- 2006 Robert Ludlum’s Covert One: The Hades Factor
- 2003 Betrayed
- 2000 Contaminated Man
- 1999 Fatal Error
- 1998 Carriers
- 1998 Airborne
- 1997 Contagious
- 1992 Black Death
- 1982 Virus Painted veil
Homework Answer on The Movie Outbreak
A virus that proves to be a threat poses a great danger to the civilization after an individual ferries a monkey that has been inflicted by the disease in Africa to the United States’ California estate. Efforts to curb this infelicitous disease bring together a pool of experts including a reknown transmittable disease expert, Dustin Hoffman with his wife. A lot of efforts are put in to handle the disease including the army, however due to their lack of expertise in the disease it all falls to the doctors to put their act in place to salvage the society(James, 1995).
Among the measures that the doctors use is giving the patients a quarantine to ensure that the virus doesn’t spread further. Due to the nature of the disease which spreads faster, Ford’s boss, McClintock states that further measures should be harnessed bringing the launch of a bioweapon as the only option. He plans to drop a firebomb to destroy the society thus stopping the spread of the disease an idea which his accomplice.
Roberta and Sam also join Dustin in the quest to stop McClintock. They understand that the contagious level of an airborne disease is much more disastrous than the flu that was spreading (James, 1995).The carrier of the virus, the monkey is kept in a cage and sidelined from humanity as a protective measure to the spread of the virus. The Army Medical research Institute of the United States employs all the necessary tactics to ensure that the disease is contained.