Homework Question on Heart Diseases
- Go to the National Institute of Health’s Mobile Websites page (link below): Select one of the sites and look up information either related to your project or another topic you are interested in.
- Submit a one page MSWord report, including
- Identification whether you used an iPad or phone (type and name of device),
- Summary of the information received,
- A critique of the resource, including its ease of use, the quality of information and suggestions for improvement. Total length of report: 100 (plus or minus 10 words).
Homework Answer on Heart Diseases
I used a mobile phone to carry out the research. The type of the phone is HTC desire 310. Heart diseases are the killer number one in the U.S.A. The main causes of heart diseases are blockage of the coronary arteries, valves in the heart, and failure of the heart to pump well. Some people are also born with the disease. The most common heart disease is Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). Heart attack is the first symptom of CAD.
The cause of CAD is plaque buildup in the arteries. For its diagnosis, the doctor measures blood pressure, sugar levels, and cholesterol. For people who are at a high risk of getting a heart disease, the doctor can use the following test to diagnose CAD: electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, and coronary angiogram. To reduce this menace, a person should control blood pressure, have lower cholesterol, do exercise, and avoid smoking.
Using this resource is not easy because an individual has to follow a lengthy procedure before getting the required information. Another shortcoming of the resource is that the numbers of diagrams are few. To improve the resource, diagrams and more information should be included.