Homework Question on Healing Hospital: A Daring Paradigm
- Details: Consider how the paradigm of a healing hospital might influence your philosophy of caregiving and write an essay of 500-750 words that addresses the following:
- Describe the components of a healing hospital and their relationship to spirituality.
- What are the challenges of creating a healing environment in light of the barriers and complexities of the hospital environment?
- Include biblical aspects that support the concept of a healing hospital.
- Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
- An abstract is not required. This assignment uses a rubric.
- Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Homework Answer on Healing Hospital: A Daring Paradigm
The daring paradigm of a healing hospital is a model that focuses on the patient’s wellness unlike the traditional model that emphasizes on cure for diseases through drugs and other medical interventions. Healing hospital assumes the holistic and family focused nature whereby al aspect of an individual including the body, spirit, and the mind are addressed (Young & Koopsen, 2010).
This being the case, a healing hospital portrays certain characteristics unique from the traditional setting in that it has a culture of love, harbors an healing environment and at the same time makes use of the technology in order to function effectively and efficiently. Despite these facts, healing hospital like the traditionalhospitals havechallenges that includes finances, technology, among others that may hinder the progress and success of this haling model.
An element of spirituality is the key to this model as it helps in psychological healing of an individual. In light of the above arguments, this paper will try to address a healing hospital paradigm with a bias in addressing major elements of a healing hospital, the challenges that may be faced in the healing hospital environment as well as the biblical dimension supporting the healing hospital model.