Homework Question on Comparison of Energy Resources
- Please follow the guidelines provided.
- Comparison of Renewable and non-renewable energy resources.
- As you make the comparison, please choose by yourself what will you base the comparison on, Environmental Impact, social impact, cost…etc.?
- Note that the 3 pages does not include the citation page, so with the citation it will be 4 pages.
- Please aim for a 100% grade.
Homework Answer on Comparison of Energy Resources
Energy resources refer to the favorable circumstances that an area offers to generate electric power naturally. The resources are either renewable or non-renewable. Renewable resources are inexhaustible economically valuable substances which are replaceable in the same amount or less naturally and their supply is endless. Renewable resources include geothermal power, wind and solar energy.
On the other hand, non-renewable resources cannot be replaced naturally in an amount equal to their consumption. Examples are fossil fuels such as natural gas, coal and oil.There are some resources which can be both renewable and non-renewable. For instance, biomass and wood are non-renewable when used as fuel but can be termed renewable during replanting of trees. The paper will discuss the comparison of renewable and non-renewable sources of energy.
Arguably, both energy sources have several impacts on humanity that include social, environmental and cost, but the environmental impact remains the most significant impact of these energy sources.Environmental impacts resulting from the production of power by both the renewable and non- renewable energy resources vary with the particular geographical location and the technology used in the process. Wind energy is obtained by harnessing the moving energy of wind and redirecting it to generate electric power.