Homework Question on Facing Financial Managers
- Given the different business market structures, identify at least two articles from the ProQuest database that highlight and discuss two of the biggest challenges facing financial managers today in these varied market structures.
- In a three- to five-page paper (excluding title and reference pages), summarize your findings from the articles.
- Discuss Include how market liquidity, competitiveness, and efficiency impact financial managers.
- The paper should be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Be sure to properly cite your two required articles resources using APA style.
Homework Answer on Facing Financial Managers
Devlin, A. (2010). ANTITRUST IN AN ERA OF MARKET FAILURE. Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, 33(2), 557-606. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/347555444?accountid=1611
Antitrust in business policies do the regulation of the free markets economy. It ensures that consumers get the right products at a fair price, in the right quantity and at a fair price. It also regulates unfair competition in the market. In this free market there is minimal regulation by the government. Financial managers have a barrier in the free market where there are assumptions of the market is filled with systemic risk and uncertainty. This has greatly affected the faith in free markets by financial managers.
Fall and later rise of free markets raises much questions about the stability and sustainability of free markets. The major event of any business institution is to make profit. Financial managers are not in a position to understand the antitrust regulations since they sometimes hinder the growth and development. You get that the policies of the antitrust crash with the policies of the firm hence making decision making a challenging task. Antitrust can be providing the best policies but the courts bar them from being implemented, this confuses the financial managers more since they are no clear stand.