Homework Question on Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Write a 2-3 page paper in which you do the following:
- Following completion of a critical and candid assessment of your performance in the above exercise on plagiarism, discuss areas in which you had misunderstandings
- Perform a candid self-assessment of your performance. What were your pre-test and post-test scores?
- Compare and contrast your scores on Quiz 1 and Quiz 2.
- Discuss in what ways might you need improvement (i.e., where did you have had misunderstandings)?
- How can you improve your knowledge of plagiarism in those areas for which you had misunderstandings, and what resources might be most helpful to you in this respect? .
Homework Answer on Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
Plagiarism is defined as the act of presenting another person’s work as your own without affirming or giving him or her, the due credit. However plagiarism is at times confusing when one does not clearly understand the term. The misunderstandings will arise when you are not certain on how to cite and when to cite another person’s work in a research paper. The first step to avoid plagiarism is to understand what it is and what it entails.
It is also important that during a research paper the writer should identify what needs to be cited and what does not need any form of citation (Posner, 2007).The internet is identified as one of the leading catalysts that encourage plagiarism among students. According to Mallon 2001, a lot of students both at the university and high school level are not aware of the seriousness that comes with plagiarism.
They use first hand information acquired from the internet and use information from sources that are permitted and those that are not valid. Technology has made information about just anything to be easily accessible thus compromising their integrity.However, what seems to be an additional factor to plagiarism is the level of ignorance and lack of enough referencing skills (Mallon, 2001).It is important that students are able to familiarize themselves with the concepts of plagiarism and how to avoid such mistakes.