- Reducing words
- After having completed work on the data-entry problem, we turned our thinking toward our next task, which was the processing problem.
We turned our thinking toward the processing problem having completed the data entry problem.
2. Those who plan federal and state programs for the elderly should take into account the changing demographic characteristics in terms of size and average income of the composition of the elderly population.
Federal and state programs for the elderly should take into account the changing demographic characteristics.
3. Would you please figure out what we should do and advise us?
Please advise us what we should
4. The result of this study will be to make total whitewater recycling an economical strategy for meeting federal regulations.
Making whitewater recycling as an economical strategy for meeting federal regulation is the outcome of this study.
B. Rewriting the sentences
1. This stamping machine, if you fail to clean it twice per shift and add oil of the proper weight, will cease to operate efficiently.
This stamping machine will stop to function proficiently if it is cleaned twice per shift and oil of proper weight added.
2. The plant manager said that he hopes all employees would seek ways to cut waste at the supervisory meeting yesterday.
During the supervisory meeting yesterday, the plant manager alleged that he has confidence all workers would pursue means to reduce on waste.
- About 80 percent of our clients, which include over 1,500 companies throughoutNorth and South America and a few from Africa, where we’ve built alliances with local distributors, find the help provided at our website to be equivalent in most cases to the assistance supplied by telephone calls to our service centers.
Approximately 80%perecent of our customers all over the world where we have established coalitions with local suppliers discover that assistance at our website is similar to that supplied by telephone calls to our service centers.
4. Once they wilt, most garden sprays are unable to save vegetable plants from complete collapse.
It is difficult for most of garden sprays to protect vegetable plants from dying off once they wither.
Rewriting Sentences to Put Action in the Verb
- The experience itself will be an inspirational factor leading the participants to a greater dedication to productivity.
The participants will experience an inspirational factor leading them to a greater dedication to productivity.
- The system realizes important savings in time for the clerical staff
In time, the clerical staff is helped to realize important savings by the system.
- The implementation of the work plan will be the responsibility of a team of three engineers experienced in these procedures.
A team of three experienced engineers in these procedures will implement the work plan, as it is their responsibility.
- Both pulp and lumber were in strong demand, even though rising interest rates caused the drying up of funds for housing.
The rising interest rates caused the drying up of funds for housing even though both pulp and lumber were in strong demand.
Rewriting In Active Voice
1. Periodically, the shipping logs should be reconciled with the daily billings by the Accounting Department.
Accounting department should reconcile the shipping logs with the daily billings periodically.
- Fast, accurate data from each operating area in the foundry should be given to us by the new computerized system.
The new computerized system should give us fast, accurate data from each operating area in the foundry.
3. Since his own accident, safety regulations have been enforced much more conscientiously by the shop foreman.
There has been much enforcement of safety regulations more conscientiously since his accident.
- No one has been designated by the manager to make emergency decisions when she is gone.
The manager has not made any designation to make emergency decisions when she is gone.