Homework Question on Writing Equipment and Writing
- Write a description essay. Read the paragraph: But the device had a subtler effect on his work. One of Nietzsche’s closest friends, the writer and composer hietzsche’s prose had become tighter, more telegraphic. There was a new forcefulness to it , too, as though the machine’s power–its “iron”–was, through some mysterious metaphysical mechanism, being transferred into the words it pressed into the page.”
- Perhaps you will through this instrument eventake to a new idiom.” Koselitz wrote in a letter, noting that , in his won work,” my ‘thoughts’ in music and language often depend on the quality of pen and paper.” “your are right,” Nietzsche replied.”Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts.” —-BOOK [THE SHALLOWS].
Reflect upon your own writing . then write a description of your writing. As you do, consider the follwoing prompts:
- Do you print or do you write in cursive, and do you like the appearance for your writing?
- Do you like to write? If so, what do you like to write about when you’re not writing an assignment for a class?
- When was the last time you wrote something and let it stand on its own, without keyboarding it?
- Do you think the use of a keyboard has influenced your writing?
- What about texting; has it influenced how you compose your writing? Do you think you write differently on paper than you do with a keyboard?
Homework Answer on Writing Equipment and Writing
In my life, writing has been my hobby since I knew how to hold a pencil. Over the last years, I have been utilizing my free time in writing creative essays that I am hoping one day I will combine to form a book of short stories. According to my experience in writing, it is easier to express my thoughts on paper as compared to the use of the keyboard. Whenever I hold a pen and paper, ideas fill my mind that I systematically put them down in a more consistent and systematic manner.
However, the influence of technology like the use of computers and more particularly keyboards has impacted my writing.In the modern era, printing is widely used thereby dominating over handwriting. As far as one may wish to stick to handwriting, he/she has to face an assignment that requires him/her to type and print. In my short story writing, I prefer writing them in cursive form and print. Whenever I sit down and hold a pen and paper and express my thoughts in writing, I usually admire the look of the paper I produce which contain systematically flowing ideas.
It is unique in the sense that when I remember some other facts regarding the writing, I just write them along its margins. The short facts are useful when am compiling my writing whereby I usually come up with all-inclusive work with constant flow of ideas. I think expressing my thoughts through cursive writing has highly boosted my creativity and writing skills through enhancing my reasoning ability and the flow of ideas in any writing.