Homework Question on Women Refugees Fleeing through Europe are Told Rape is not a Real Issue
- This is the title for my topic: Women Refugees Fleeing through Europe are Told Rape is not a Real Issue.
- The introduction should talk about why the article is risky.
- The summary has to be 1 to 1.5 pages.
- Why it`s risky for author to write this article. The reasons that you provide should be 2 to 4 reasons and explain that reasons.
- The conclusion: talk about why the article is risky and should has a thesis.
- Also, you have to provides your opinion about the article.
Homework Answer on Women Refugees Fleeing through Europe are Told Rape is not a Real Issue
The article by Jina Moore titled Refugees Fleeing through Europe are Told Rape is not a Real Issue was published on BuzzFeed News World website on 21 October 2015. The article’s title that is discussed in this essay posse certain risks. These risks include; the risk of spreading myths and stereotypical views that are related to sexual assault on women. The article risks violating the right of privacy and anonymity of the refugee who have experienced gender based violence on this route.
In addition, the risk of providing information that is not properly supported by factual data. Myths and stereotypical views by the article have an impact on the fight against gender-based violence on these routes since it may affect the attitude of those affected directly by the violence. Any victim of gender-based violence such as rape has a right to privacy and anonymity. The article may reveal the identities of these victims through its detailed description of their circumstances or physical attributes.
The author had a problem collecting data concerning data based violence from relevant authorities and agencies. Thus, the credibility of the information provided by the article may be questioned. The article Women Refugees by Jina Moore discusses the challenges of sexual assault that refugees encounter as they move through Central and Western Europe.