Principles of Special Education Essay Assignment Instructions
The candidate will develop a 5–8-page paper discussing the perspectives, theories, principles, philosophies, and/or trends that provide the basis for contemporary education practice. The purpose of this paper is to synthesize the various elements discussed in this course, forming a set of 2–3 principles from table 4.1 that you could use in your particular leadership role. Describe the Family- school partnership. Organize the paper according to the principles that you have learned, using different principles for each heading.
The paper must follow current APA format, include at least 5 references (1 must be the course textbook), and follow the instructions and guidelines provided here. The 5–8-page requirement excludes the title, abstract, and reference pages.
Follow these guidelines in your paper:
- Organize it into topical headings (leadership principles from table 4.1).
- Each heading must be a leadership principle that you have learned in the course and a guiding principle for the leader (topic) you have chosen.
- Under each heading, include (as citations) where the principles are found in the various assignments and how they all fit together.
- Be sure that all the paragraphs under each heading relate directly to the principle being discussed.
- Under each heading, include examples of the principle from the class textbook and the following suggested sources:
- Related reading assignments
- Course presentations
- Format your paper in current APA style and follow scholarly writing standards.
- Do not use first-person perspective.
- Use double-spacing in the paper.
- Include an abstract.
- Use internal citations. (Any in-text citations must have corresponding references in the reference list.)
- Include a properly cited reference list. Some reminders:
- Cite references from the various materials from the course (and any other references) that support your choice of principles.
- Do not use underlining.
- The words in the titles of a journal article or a book are not capitalized (except for the first word, proper nouns, and the first word following a colon).
- References must have corresponding in-text citations.
- Incorporate Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- The content must reflect higher-level thinking skills: synthesis, analysis, and evaluation.
- The content must demonstrate an understanding of the principles and ethics of the Christian educational leader.
- Do not write less than 5 pages or more than 8 pages. Page limit does not include the title page, abstract, or references. Quality, not volume, is required.
- Thoroughly edit your paper for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, clear sentence structure, and precise word choice.