Homework Question on Cultural Differentiation
- Introduction: Instructional environments comprise diverse learners from many cultures and backgrounds. When designing instruction, developers need to be sensitive to possible cultural issues in a learning environment. Note: As you complete this task, focus your responses on topics within your chosen area of study.
- Task: Write an essay (suggested length of 3–4 pages) in which you do the following:
- Describe your instructional setting, audience, and content area to provide a context for your work on this task.
- Describe three examples from your own experience in which cultural issues made an impact on the learning environment.
- Discuss the guidelines you used to adapt the instruction to be sensitive to the cultural differences described in one of the examples in part B.
- When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Homework Answer on Cultural Differentiation
Instructional environments comprise diverse learners from many cultures and backgrounds. When designing instruction, developers need to be sensitive to possible cultural issues in a learning environment. This paper examines instructional activities and strategies as an instructional setting, audience and content, and the impacts of cultural issues on the learning environment.
Instructional Setting, Audience and Content Area
In this task of designing instructional strategies and activities, the first objective of our learning target is to identify the purpose and source of power of the Roman Republican government, and compare that to the purpose and source of power in the U.S.A government. The instructional setting of this task is likely to take place in a classroom, the audience being students and history lesson being the content of the subject area. The assessment that is likely to be used in this task is the formative assessment, in which students would probe questions, compare and contrast the two governments, and organize tri-fold graphics.
Additionally, summarative assessment can also be incorporated, whereby students can engage in differentiation assessment plan. This plan engages learners to design a one-act role play, whereby they can further work in sections to outline the disadvantages or advantages of foreign rule.In such a case, the accuracy of the role play is grounded on the accomplished research and the designed rubric of the class.