Goals and Objectives for Students with Disabilities
- Reading Fluency and Comprehension goals
- To improve oral reading fluency by forty words per minute within a training and practice duration of three months in fourth grade
- To be able to read a list of Dolch sight words much better by the fourth month in fourth grade.
- To be able to establish the main idea correctly in a reading comprehension after three months of study and practice in fourth grade.
- To be able to respond to comprehension questions after reading at a fifty percent accuracy level as compared to the student’s current ability.
- Mathematical Computation
- To be able to respond at fifty percent accuracy to number problems within a duration of four months in fourth grade.
- To be able to compute correctly grade three mathematical problems two weeks after joining fourth grade.
- To be able to improve in grasping grade four mathematical concepts after four months of class attendance.
- To be able to compute correctly the totals of randomly selected currency coins with an accuracy of 80% after three months in fifth grad
- Writing Content goals
- To be able to improve personal writing content by 40% in the fifth-grade essays after four months of practice and study.
- To be able to differentiate the parts of an essay and to arrange the parts in a flowing manner. The differentiation objective should be achieved after four months of being in fifth grade.
- To be able to write a set number of paragraphs when given a topic by the teacher with ease.
- To be able to proofread personal work by the end of sixth grade.
- To be able to maintain an essay topic without losing track by the six months of fourth grade.
- To be able to compare two different essays written on the same topic
- To be able to write comprehensive essay summaries by the beginning of sixth grade.
- To be able to write in a continuous prose without mixing idea. The objective should be achieved by the end of the sixth grade