Homework Question on Information Systems in Business
- Write at least two paragraphs supporting each point with and example. you have to give 2 example one for the point(A) and one for the point (B).
- For instance, when you answer question number 1, first you explain how can information technology support a company’s business processes and decision making and give an example on (a)Support then, you answer How can information technology give company’s business processes and decision making a competitive advantage and give an example on (b)Competitive advantage. Here is the required questions:
- How can information technology support a company’s business processes and decision making and give it a competitive advantage? Give examples to illustrate your answer. a)Support: b)Competitive advantage:
- How does the use of the Internet, intranets, and extranets by companies today support their business processes and activities? a)Internet: b)Intranets: c)Extranet:
- In what major ways have information systems in business changed during the last 40 years? What is one major change you think will happen in the next 10 years? a)History: b)Future:
Homework Answer on Information Systems in Business
- How can information technology support a company’s business processes and decision making and give it a competitive advantage? Give examples to illustrate your answer.
Information technology plays a major role in supporting a company’s business processes, as well as decision-making processes. Information technology can be utilized through automation of manual processes, such as document broadcast. The company secretary can communicate to employees through sending e-mails electronically, rather than composing letters and memos.
For instance, when the human resource manager in Starbucks Coffee Company manager wants to inform employees of the incoming training, he forwards a group e-mail to every employee, and within an hour, every employee can confirm the e-mail. Internet banking has relieved companies the burden of carrying hard cash. Decision-making has become quite easy because the management is now capable of getting all the information about stocks, employees, and services in one place.
On competitive advantage, information technology has assisted in product innovations and easy access to the company products. Today, a measurable correlation can be construed between information technology investment and company performance (Drnevich & Croson, 2013). This proves that a company cannot gain a competitive edge without investing in IT. Product innovations help in cutting costs and, consequently, maximizing profits.