Homework Question on The Evolution of Hip-Hop Clothing
- This essay examines an evolving cultural change over a period of time. You will need to look at a certain aspect in hip-hop and how it has changed and argue that these changes are reflected in society and describe and discuss the causes and effects.
- Students will choose a social problem, discuss how it is reflected in Hip Hop culture and how Hip Hop culture, in turn, influences the problem.
- Write a full sentence outline during workshop (TBA)
- Submit a first draft for peer workshop (TBA)
- Submit the final draft on blackboard by 5/8
- You will use MLA documentation with Works Cited and in-text citation.
- Minimum of 7 PAGES
- 12 pt. standard font—Times New Roman
- Use proper MLA style. (Consult your MLA resource.)
- Creative title for your paper
Homework Answer on The Evolution of Hip-Hop Clothing
The introduction mentions the origin of hip-hop culture and its increasing influence over the years. Hip-hop fashion is one of the aspects that has significant influence in the on the society and has undergone massive changes as the music has been growing in popularity. During its emergence, hip-hop was not popular with people in all social groups but with time, it developed to be a favorite culture of music and fashion supported by the wider society. Hip-hop fashion in the early days and nowadays reflects certain characteristics of the communities from which it originated. Nevertheless, the contemporary world has also brought about significant changes to the culture of hip-hop fashion.
Changes in the hip-hop fashion and its reflection on the society
The second part of the essay discusses the various changes that have taken place in the hip-hop fashion and its reflection on the society. One of the changes is the introduction of a different kind of style that allows male artists to wear clothes that are more form fitting as compared to the previous baggy styles of clothing. This change has not been well received by part of the hip-hop community since it goes against certain norms of hip-hop culture.
Another change is the increased reception of hip-hop fashion across a wider platform as compared to the earlier days of hip-hop music. Next, the evolution of hip-hop fashion is elaborated using the various kinds of pieces of fashion that were worn at different periods to show the changes in fashion. Pieces of fashion that were worn during the emergence of hip-hop culture as well as those that have been worn over the years as hip-hop music evolved are mentioned.