Homework Question on Communication Methods
- Choose five (5) different communication methods. Draft a form of communication for each of the four (4) scenarios listed below based on one or more of the different communication methods.
- Write a three to four (3-4) page paper that addresses the following scenarios:
- One of your employees is constantly late, leaving food and drinks at the work station, and you are forced to address the situation.
- You need to let all employees know about a company special event.
- You hear from a friend that a client is about to sign a contract with one of your present competitors.
- You have three bids on a piece of equipment and you need to get a management decision on purchasing.
- The format of the paper is to be as follows:
- Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format, a Microsoft Word document.
- Use headers for each of the subjects being covered, followed by your response.
- In addition to the three to four (3–4) pages required, a title page is to be included.
Homework Answer on Communication Methods
Communication in business takes different forms that depend on the number of participants as well as the nature of the message. If the company is interested in communicating about changes to be introduced into an organization setup then it uses open communication platforms. Some of the communication methods include face-to-face communication, letters and memos, meetings, email, social media and online chat. We are going to look at different scenarios and the application of the communication methods.
Employees is Constantly Late
In case an employee is always late for work and has shown cases of indiscipline, the best communication strategy to use is face-to-face communication. This will be carried out in different stages. The first stage involves summoning the individual employee through a personalized letter that addresses the issues of lateness. The manager will spell out the rules and regulation that guide’s employee’s behavior in the organization.
The next step is to listen to the employees and give him enough time to explain why he or she is not following the rules to the letter. At this point, the managers will apply interpersonal skills to evaluate employee’s reaction to questions that touches on the individual private life. He or she will then help the individual solve the problems in the most appropriate manner. Thirdly, both the manager and the employee will work out on a strategic plan that will aids the employee manage his time and resource.