Homework Question on Social Performance of Organisations
- Specify the nature, structure, and types of products or services of Apple, and identify two (2) key factors in the organization’s external environment that can affect its success. Provide explanation to support the rationale.
- Suggest five (5) ways in which the primary stakeholders can influence the organization’s financial performance. Provide support for the response.
- Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concern associated with Apple.
- Submit a reference page with at least four (4) quality references that you have used for this presentation / paper. other info,,, The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the relationship between business and society, and the ways in which they are part of an interactive system.
- Recommend ways stakeholders can influence the destiny of both business and society.
- Analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles, and relationships.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of corporate social responsibility and citizenship.
- Analyze ways ethical challenges affect the multiple functions of business.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society. Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.
Homework Answer on Social Performance of Organisations
Apple, a consumer electronics, software dealer and computer manufacturer that offers networking solutions, is the largest information technology company in the world. As clearly documented in the company’s business strategy, the multinational giant takes pride in the ability to not only design but to also develop operating systems as well hardware and software related applications (Carbaugh, 2013). The nature of business that Apple engages in also involves producing and marketing both mobile devices and computer systems for sale.
Diversification of stores for sale of the technological products around the world has seen the establishment of more retail and online stores. This is a move aimed at bringing out quality user experience to clients in order to sustain a wide market share.As part of the organisational structure, the top management comprising of Steve Jobs, the CEO, Tim Cook, the COO and the executive team deals with the strategic plans of the company as a whole.
The company has four sectors including the manufacturing, marketing, technology as well as the administration and finance centres. Manufacturing entails both the manufacture and purchase departments. Division of labour flows through the company as the marketing team in the marketing sector determine the means to follow in the supply chain of delivering products to the market (Banerjee, 2007). The technology centre has highly skilled employees in the research and development departments that facilitate the development of sophisticated software and hardware devices.