Homework Question on Enterprise Architecture
- In Assignment 1, you investigated data analytics and the utilization of data analytics in business. In this assignment, use the company or industry that you selected.
- Use the Internet to explore the relationship between information management and data storage techniques. Write a four page paper in which you: 1. Ascertain the importance of information management for the company or industry that you have chosen.
- Analyze the fundamental impact of IT architecture or enterprise architecture on information management for your chosen company or industry. Determine if IT architecture impacts the effectiveness or efficiency of information management and vice versa.
- Suggest at least two (2) data storage methods regarding database, data warehouse, and / or date mart for your chosen company or industry. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine the optimal data storage method between the methods that you suggested in Question 3. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Wikipedia and other pedias do not qualify as academic resources.
Homework Answer on Enterprise Architecture
1.Ascertain the importance of information management for the company or industry that you have chosen.
Information management is a cycle of activities carried out in an organization that involves acquisition of information from various sources, holding and distributing it to given destinations whereby it’s of significance and finally depositing the information either through deletion or archiving. On the other hand, data storage is a part of information management that entails archiving a given data for future reference in various platforms (Brague, 2014).
Information management is of great significance to various sectors of the economy. A good information management system for instance has enabled Apple Inc. to; reduce its operating costs, improve efficiency and productivity, ensure regulatory compliance, make quality decisions and safeguard vital information among others (Evans, 2015).
The Apple Inc.’s operating costs are reduced as a result of storing inactive records organizations in a Data Storage Center as opposed to the office. Office equipment and space are effectively used and the organization further creates an opportunity for utilization of its staff in a more productive manner. Also, improved efficiency and productivity is achieved through reduction of time spent by employees in locating various records. The well-implemented information system in Apple Inc. has led to easy information retrieval thereby promoting efficiency in the organization.