Homework Question on Building Model Airplane
- Imagine you made your hobby of building model airplanes into a small business that produces very small remote control aircraft’s capable of long sustained flights.
- You are ready to expand your business by competing for Department of Homeland Security contracts.
- Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Analyze how the federal act supports and favors your business over large multinational organizations that build aircraft’s (e.g., Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation).
- Create an organizational chart that would best support working within the federal contracting system and explain the value of each position (i.e., internal contracting officer) to your proposed business.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.
- Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the basics of how and from whom the federal government buys what it needs.
- Apply the rules of federal government contracting.
- Compare the government’s key players and describe their main functions.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contract administration and management.
Homework Answer on Building Model Airplane
In the current project, the Federal Act initiates the workability of the Small Business Investment Expansion Act of 2007 that focuses on providing equity capital to startup firms and businesses in low-income areas. It means that the project will have sufficient and reliable financial support, thus enabling it to run with limited financial constraints. The Federal Act will also provide the much-needed updates on the development of the project, attracting bonding companies that would like to partner with the current program.
The project will develop into an incubator of innovations and investments, fueling the great engine of growth and development (De, 2006).“The Office of Advocacy that oversees the operation of the Federal Act will support the accomplishment of the developing remote control aircraft” (Treviño & Nelson, 2011). Since there will be critical elements to prevent economic downturn of this project, there is need for having balanced performance in the Office of Advocacy, hence avoiding overreaction and dominance from the multinational aircraft organizations.
The development of the current project will encompass the operations of the Federal Act towards regulating hindrances that could emerge from the multinational organizations in their bid to hijack the development of the project. According to Kane (2003), “the patent of this innovation will be secured under the provisions of the Federal Business Act.”Given that this will be an invention aimed at minimizing challenges within the aircraft transportation sector or even in military operations, I believe that the Office of Advocacy will fashion a solution that gives advocacy to essential means for necessary freedom to operate..