Homework Question on The Amazon Company
- Choose an industry you have not yet written about in this course, and one publicly traded corporation within that industry. Research the company on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml), in the University’s online databases, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions. Write an six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Choose the two (2) segments of the general environment that would rank highest in their influence on the corporation you chose. Assess how these segments affect the corporation you chose and the industry in which it operates.
- Considering the five (5) forces of competition, choose the two (2) that you estimate are the most significant for the corporation you chose. Evaluate how well the company has addressed these two (2) forces in the recent past.
- With the same two (2) forces in mind, predict what the company might do to improve its ability to address these forces in the near future.
- Assess the external threats affecting this corporation and the opportunities available to the corporation. Give your opinions on how the corporation should deal with the most serious threat and the greatest opportunity. Justify your answer.
- Give your opinion on the corporation’s greatest strengths and most significant weaknesses. Choose the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to take maximum advantage of its strengths, and the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to fix its most significant weakness. Justify your choices.
- Determine the company’s resources, capabilities, and core competencies.
- Analyze the company’s value chain to determine where they can create value using the resources, capabilities, and core competencies discussed above.
- Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources. Need to have Abstract (Page does not count as past of assignment page count) and Conclusion
Homework Answer on The Amazon Company
Jeff Bezos established the Amazon Company in 1994, but it entered into the online platform in 2005. The corporation sells its products to retailers through its online platform because the founder realized that an online approach was more viable for the business. This report provides an analysis of how innovations and marketing strategies have greatly influenced the performance of Amazon. Innovations have enabled the company to satisfy the customer needs through providing products that consistent with their preferences.
Since the company sells its products through an online platform, innovation has helped to identify customer problems during navigation to its website. As such, the improvements have increased customer loyalty through the easy experience of using the website. Marketing strategies that enabled the organization to dominate the retail market is based on two main corporate objectives. This includes; customer satisfaction and promoting efficient organizational growth. In this regard, the company is able to reduce customer challenges through marketing strategies that based on innovations.
One of the ways of determining the position of a corporation’s competitive ability is through the five forces of competition. However, the ‘threats of new entrants’ and the ‘intensity of competitive rivalry’ stands out as the major significant forces of competition for Amazon. In order to beat the forces of competition in the near future that competition should consider ways of promoting its competitive advantage. This can be achieved through continuously updating its website to ensure that it is user friendly.