Homework Question on Drug ,Design and Development
- The name of the drug is: Ambrisentan.
- The guidelines: – 1500 words of double-spaced text. (i) Discovery & Pharmacodynamics, under the subheadings of –
- (a) Discovery – Chemistry and
- (b) Preclinical Development – Pharmacodynamics – followed by a list of references for this section. – also put a figure for the drug chemistry and a descriptive for this figure with its citation.
- PLEASE! Follow the guidelines because I DO NOT want any thing about pharmacokinetics and toxicity or formulation and dosage or drug reaction.
Homework Answer on Drug ,Design and Development
The Discovery of Ambrisentan: Chemistry
The drug Ambrisentan is designed for oral use as an immediate-release film encrusted capsule in 5mg and 10mg strengths and is used to cure pulmonary arterial hypertension. As defined by Barst, PAH is a “high blood pressure in the artery that transports blood from the right part of the heart to the lungs” (Barst, 2007). In the occasion that the small blood vessels in the lungs become more resistant to the flow of blood, the right ventricle must work harder to be able to pump sufficient blood through the lungs (Humbert, Sitbon & Simonneau, 2004; Farber & Loscalzo, 2004).
The work of Ambrisentan tablets is to relax these blood vessels and increase the blood supply to the lungs, which helps in reducing the workload of the heart (McGoon et al, 2009). All the excipients utilized in the product manufacture of ambrisentan have typical compendial monograph, excluding the coating element. The outside layer of ambrisentan is non-operational and is utilized for the provision of a distinctive capsule color to help in the identification of numerous strengths.
Usually each the strength of a commercial capsule is differentiated by its color, form, and markings. The capsule ambrisentan has minimal solubility and very high permeability.Ambrisentan is a drug with the chemical name (S)-2-(4, 6-dimethylpyrimidin-2-yloxy)-3-methoxy-3, 3-diphenylpropionic acid. It is a white crystalline matter with a solubility in water of 0.06mg/ml and a solubility in 0.1N NaOH of >100 mg/mL at 25 °C. The medicine is known to be insoluble in water as well as in aqueous solution at lower Ph.