Homework Question on Supersonic Transport
- 12 point font,
- Time New Roman,
- Double space.
- Thinking out loud I would like to research and write about the Supersonic Transport and the Next Generation Supersonic Transport.
- More than a decade has passed since the last supersonic flight was flown. NASA reveals a $2.3-million-dollar plan to help new generation of supersonic planes take flight. However, I would like to research on a wide range of topics.
- How the Next Generation Supersonic Transport will be used in commercial aviation industry and being able to hold more passengers?
- What mistakes were caught and how they are fixed today?
- I would also like to see the correlation between the two first Supersonic Transport and how the Next Generation Supersonic Transport will look like, what aspects did they bring in from the old plane to the new planes.
- I also want to research more about Concorde and the future of Supersonic Transport.
- I believe this will be the next breakthrough in Aviation being able to have supersonic passenger flights. First we need look at the challenges of the flight. It will be fun to look at the Start and the Future of the Supersonic Transport which can fly faster than the speed of sound.
Candel, S. (2004). Concorde and the future of supersonic transport. Journal of Propulsion and Power, 20(1), 59-68. doi:10.2514/1.9180
Homework Answer on Supersonic Transport
The topic under discussion in this term paper is that of the supersonic transport, which involves a focus on supersonic flight and aircraft. It is argued that supersonic flight is one of the speed types of flights, which is five times faster than the speed of sound (NASA, 2014). This kind of speed has a close association with the speed of aircraft developed in the twentieth century in the US. Supersonic aircraft or planes fly faster than the speed of sound, which stands at 340.29 m/s.
The aircraft are mostly used for military operations and research, as high speeds are required in the mentioned fields. This term paper’s purpose is to analyze the development of these aircraft, specific features that make it possible for them to achieve the high speeds, and the stages of their development, with a focus on future developments. The focus is also on the obstacles and challenges that accompany development and use of the aircraft and the reason they never achieved their full commercial potential.
These said, the specific topics covered in this term paper are how the Next Generation Supersonic Transport will be used in the commercial aviation industry and how it will be able to hold more passengers, the mistakes that were caught in supersonic transport previously and how they are fixed today, the correlation between supersonic transport and the Next Generation Supersonic Transport, the aspects brought from old planes to the new aircraft, Concorde and the future of supersonic transport, and the challenges of supersonic flights.