Homework Question on Leadership loop
1.In one or two sentences, describe each of the six (6) items in the leadership loop. AND provide an example of how you have met each of these items in the past or how you plan to implement them in the future.
- You may use work related or UD related examples from your past.
- If it is for the future, use work related examples. [60-points]
2-Using either your current/past work setting or your work at UD, discuss the following in detail. You may answer them separately or collectively. [30-points]
- How are you and your peerscurrently competing with each other?
- How does this competition contributeto the overall strength of you and your peers? AND how does this competition hurt you or your team?
- Where do you draw the line between healthy and unhealthycompetition among your peers?
3-The author recommends that you maintain close friendships at work, avoid office politics and expand your circle of acquaintances. [40-points]
- Why do you think the author recommends making friends on the job and expanding your circle of acquaintances?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of developing personal friendships among your peers at work?
- Should the level of friendship you develop at workbe at the same or different from the friendships you have developed among your peers in class or at home?
- What are the pitfalls of developing close intimate friendships at work? How do you strike a balance in maintaining close friendships and keeping it professional while at work?
4- What are some pragmatic things you can do in order to create an environment where people are comfortable sharing their ideas? How do you ensure that the people you don’t like or respect are also given the opportunity to share their ideas? [20-points]
5-Discuss giving examples, some of your own weaknesses, faults or blind-spots? Discuss a minimum of three (3) where you feel you could improve on or strengthen. What kinds of things can you do to strengthen each of them? [40-points
Homework Answer on Leadership loop
Leadership loop is an important cycle that helps the leader to gain influence and credibility among one’s workmates. Leaders are required to complete the steps of the leadership loop. A leader must take time in completing the loop. This article is going to analyze the leadership loop.
The leadership loop requires the leader to be caring and a person who has an interest in people. The leader is also required to have an interest in knowing and learning people. The leadership loop requires the leader to be a person who has appreciates and respects people regardless of their status. The leader must be able to actively contribute in the achievement of success of other people. The leader should show support and also encourage people in achieving their dreams. The loop also demands the leader to have inspiration on other people. I plan to work as a team with my workmates for the purpose of implementing these items in the future.
- Competition among my peers and workmates is based on the level of change that one impact on the whole team.
- This competition has a healthy impact on us because every individual feels that he or she has an obligation of making a change and showing success. This type of competition rarely hurts my team because all team members have accepted that competition is healthy for the team’s success.
- Unhealthy competition is not aimed at the success of the whole team. Competition should be focused onachieving the team’s success.