Homework Question on Airport Organizational Structure
- Research the elements of the organizational structure Republic Airport (FRG)
- Sketch an organizational chart that visually displays the following organizational components of the airport (i.e. Airport Director, Airport Manager, Assistant Airport Manager etc…)
- Research the elements of the organizational structure of the FAA Airports Division at the
- National level (FAA Office of Airports) and
- Regional level (FAA Eastern Region Airports Division).
- Sketch an organizational chart that illustrates the components for the FAA (i.e. FAA Office of Airports; and the FAA Eastern Region Airports Division
- Analyze the relationship between Republic airport and the FAA. In your analysis identify the organizational point-of-contacts between the airport and the FAA Eastern Region Airport Division, especially when they interact in the following areas:
- Airport planning,
- Funding for capital projects,
- Relationship to the ADO/airport consultant firm(s) and
- Compliance with the safety requirements of FAR Part 139.
Homework Answer on Airport Organizational Structure
- Elements of The Organizational Structure Republic Airport (FRG)
There are different departments in the organization that work together to attain the goals. The functions of each department are outlined in the laws that govern airport business. For each department, a senior employee is appointed to manage resources. Below is a list of leaders from the top to bottom.
- Board of directors
- chief executive officer
- general manager
- Human resource manager, senior safety engineer, security operation manager, safety and emergency manager.
- Flight manager, mechanical engineer, fire officer.
- Elements of The Organizational Structure of the FAA Airports Division at the
- National Level (FAA Office of Airports)
It has the following sections.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Office of the Secretary
- Commercial Space Transportation
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Department of Transportation.