Homework Question on Image Analysis
- Find a Public Service Announcement (PSA) at www.hongkiat.com/blog/creative-public-awareness-ads.
- Post and study the selected piece. Think about how the PSA utilizes concept. Identify your selection and support your opinion by using any terms or observations from “Design Terms + Principles” document and below.
- Write a short paragraph identifying the concept/s used in your choice; Humor, Illusion, Typography, Exaggeration, Historical Reference, Juxtaposition, Symbolism, Unexpected, Language, Merge, Hyperbole or Composition… you may choose more than one, if applicable.
- Minimum 300 words.
- Highlight or bold the terms used in your analysis.
- Cite your image sources (just copy and paste the link of the image).
- Include the image of your selected piece in your analysis.
Homework Answer on Image Analysis
My selection is the picture which tries to show the effects and seriousness of poaching. This piece has been edited in a forest like a background where most wild animals have their natural habitat. It clearly tries to juxtapose how it feels when animals start predating and poaching on human beings as it is being done by most humans. This public advertisement creates a forum for learners and the society to actively participate in a project that will allow them to become stewards of social change and curb this menace of poaching wild animals.
This piece of art tries to persuade the social community to take favorable conditions(“60 Creative Public Awareness Ads That Makes You Think”). These favorable actions are reached since they tend to create awareness and shows the importance of eliminating the problem of poaching and therefore, promoting a behavioral change.Hyperbole has been used in this context to show an exaggeration which is not to be taken literally, whereby the animal dressed character has a gun on its hands and dragging a man which tries to show how human beings use crude weapons to eliminate and poach wild animals.
Hyperbole is widely recognized as a figurative language and one that permeates everyday life through the advertising industries. In this case, it has been used to add extra drama or comedy to the situation of poaching and drive its negative effects to the social surroundings. Hyperbole has been used to communicate ideas, emotions, and images in a more efficient way than through plain language(Mattson 208-213).