Homework Question on Construction Safety
- As you read the article you chose for this assignment, consider the following questions:
- How could the topic of this article apply to your personal or professional life?
- How could it apply to an organization you have observed?
- The article you choose must meet the following requirements:
- Describe what you took away from the article. Format your Article Review using APA style. Use your own words, and include citations and references as needed to avoid plagiarism.
- Identify the author’s intended audience; and
- Identify the main topic/question;
- Be one to two pages in length;
- Be at least TEN pages in length.
Homework Answer on Construction Safety
Selected Article: Mohamed, S. (2002). Safety climate in construction site environments. Journal of construction engineering and management, 128(5), 375-384.
The article by Mohamed (2002) discusses about providing safety climate during construction. In most constructions, the workers are exposed to serious risks regarding their safety. The article targets the construction workers, as it examines the relationship between safety climate and work behavior in the construction site locations. Its literature review identifies a number of factors that can be used to promote safety climate.
This emphasizes on the factors that could affect the expected safe working climate. Based on the information of collected by the article, I learnt the need for the management and worker’s involvement in promoting safety. The article indicates how the questionnaires are used in collecting information and data about the work behavior and it may influence construction safety. Thus, Mohamed (2002) focused on investigating the workers behaviors to promote construction safety by creating a safe climate environment.
In addition, I also understand the need for effective collaboration among the managers and workers through supportive and competence strategy that enhances safety construction climate.Personally, I gain an insight on the need to uphold safety working behaviors and conditions. I learn that most of the risks of construction safety emerge from inappropriate work behaviors. Thus, am able to learn on how to interact with the various workplace settings and other colleagues.