Homework Question on ‘Share a Coke’ Campaign
For this assignment, locate one of your favorite advertising campaigns and write an analysis. For your analysis: Answer the following questions:
- What product or service is being advertised?
- Who is selling the product or service?
- What are the goals of the advertisements?
- Locate three examples of advertisements from the campaign and discuss how all three work together.
- Discuss also how all three work together when the advertisements are using different media.
- Explain what impact the advertisements might have had on the sales and public relations departments.
Homework Answer on ‘Share a Coke’ Campaign
Coca-Cola’s ‘Share a Coke’ Campaign was a strategic marketing campaign by Coca-Cola Company aimed at popularizing the Coca-Cola’s Coke brand throughout the globe. The campaign primarily targeted popularizing their vast range of Coke bottles by personalizing the bottles by printing popular generic names on them. The campaign urged the customer to share the bottles with corresponding names or those of their beloved ones or family members with friends and family. Essentially, they were encouraged to share the happiness and bond that Coke brings (Esterl n.pag).
The campaign utilized television, social media and tours to reach the targeted consumers, primarily young consumers. The television advertisements used young models who are depicted as sharing fun moments with friends and family with a bottle of Coke with their names printed on them. The tours locations were strategically chosen including in learning institutions around the globe to reach out as many teens and millennials as possible.
However, the social media advertisements gave the consumer an extra platform to share their experiences with the millions around the world through the company’s Twitter handle, Instagram and Facebook. These three platforms worked together in ensuring that the company connected with more consumers through a multiplatform that exploits the existing channels commonly used by consumers.