Invention: Lesson procedure, modification and methods
In the video, there are a number of elements presented for the proceeding of the lesson in order to come out with the learning outcomes of the student. According to the level of the learner presented, the objectives come up as the main consideration when it comes to planning and execution of the learning methods and outcomes. For instance, the level of attainability of the objective as well as the best possible effects the execution will bring. Thus, when the desired objectives indicated are both executable and effective in the process of learning it comes out to help the tutor or instructor and the student to achieve the goal of disseminating information and learning, respectively (Clotfelter, 2014). Thus, the objectives in this lesson include:
- To warm the student’ attitude and psyche for the invention lesson
- Help the students learn the historical milestones in invention that suit their level of understanding
- To demonstrate the simplicity and important details of various inventions and the effect they have on modern day instrumentation
- To help the students relate the instruments and materials around them to invention process
- To enable the students to use simple materials availed to them to be creative and create their own inventions.
It is important to note that planning and creating learning scenarios is also a major part of the desirable teaching methods. As illustrated in the video, the accomplishment of the objectives as the instructor advances with the class is an indicator of good planning and harmonious executions.
The procedures of the learning process will depend on the kind of objectives stipulated. In this case, for example, it is important that the theoretical and practical aspects of the objective implementation be merged such that the aspect of time is indicated for the class. On the other hand, it should be clearly shown that the segments are clearly divided into the practical and theoretical ones. For instance, in the process of learning the technical aspects of languages, the aspects of research as well as hands on engagement of the student. For this reason, the modifications in the lesson will depend upon the level of achievement of the objectives as well as the assessment of the progress of the learning process. Thus, it will, perhaps demand repetition, omission or addition of more technical or simplified methods for effective learning (Clotfelter, 2014). Some of the modifications include:
- Making the students promise to keep the materials provided safe and not use them to harm others
- Use visual aid to help the students to learn the objectives of the lesson
- Allow participation of the students in demonstration, answering questions and other practical aspects.
Apart from the normal regular patterns of procedures, it is at the discretion of the teacher to understand the student’s needs through monitoring and evaluation. Thus modifications like spending time with the students, contacting parents where necessary as well as documenting special forms of cognitive, physical and emotional development.
Clotfelter, Mrs. (2014). Invention video. Retrieved from http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/89889776/file.html