APA Research Papers
The need to present assignments in a systematic and organized manner resulted in the development of different writing and formatting styles such as APA, MLA, Turabian, Chicago, and Harvard, etc. This was because, earlier on, students used to submit their assignments in different versions, which made it difficult for evaluators to come up with standardized assessment schemes for these assignments. Such assignments included business research papers, economic research papers, sociology research papers, religion research papers, etc.
Different institutions and faculties have set different requirements for writing research paper assignments such as business research papers, marketing research papers, sociology research papers, economics research papers, etc. For example, students may be requested to write research papers in APA style also known as APA research papers, MLA research papers, etc. This article will focus on how to write APA research papers.
When you are required to write business research papers, sociology research papers, or economics research papers in APA format or APA research papers, you should observe the following:
- Font type- Times New Roman
- Font size- 12
- Margin- leave a 1-inch margin on all sides (top, bottom, left & right)
- Header- The header should have page numbers on the right and on the left there should be the topic written in capitals
- Abstract- it is a summary of the main points for your business research papers, economic research papers, etc and should not exceed 150 words
- Citation-in case of in-text citation, give the last name of the author, the year, and the page number, all separated by a coma example, (Parsons, 2005, p.34).
Citation at the bibliography- give author’s last name/initials, year of publication, the title of the book (in italics), place of publication, a colon after the place, and the publisher. Eg.
Parsons,T. (2005). Social psychology: People as social actors. New York: South D Publishers.