Writing a Research Paper
Writing a research paper is the climax of your study. In fact, it is the successful completion of your research paper assignment that determines whether you proceed to the next stage or otherwise. It is therefore important that you invest enough time in writing your research assignment. The following tips will help you conceptualize and write a research paper excellently:
- Do a preliminary research to have a better understanding and clarify your assignment in writing a research paper
- Discuss your findings with your colleagues and supervisor
- Focus your research by narrowing down to a specific aspect or perspective
- Brainstorm and write down your ideas- you should be inclusive
- Own the research- sometimes, other people’s ideas and thoughts can over influence
- Set achievable and realistic goals and objectives
- Set appropriate and achievable deadlines for every research activity
- Use relevant sources from the library and internet to get helpful information to your research. Remember, your search should focus but it is not limited to books and journals. Articles, reports or any other source used must be peer-reviewed.
- Have an organized list of research paper questions- the basic of writing a research paper is providing comprehensive answers to research questions
- Have a tentative piece of literature, content tables and draft for an introduction.
Writing the research paper
When writing a research paper, the following will help you
- Start with what you know, however, note that there are sections you cannot write before others.
- Clarity and conciseness should reflect in the research paper
- Use the table of contents to improve the research paper
- Where possible use similar wording
- Let the conclusion and recommendations be clear as opposed to restating your findings
- The recommendations or suggestions you give to the research should add value to the field
- Observe to make sure that the conclusion answers questions formulated in the introduction.